HOGAN LOVELLS SPONSOR PROFILE
Types of work
When you’ve got the international reach we do, it means your work grabs headlines everywhere, and you’ll work with household-name clients on every continent. Plus, within a huge range of practice areas – corporate, finance, global regulatory, intellectual property, and litigation – you’ll learn from a diverse network of specialists. You’ll develop the agility to adapt with changing industries, discover the interests that drive you, and develop the commercial edge that sets us apart.
Opportunities on offer
Part of what makes us game-changers is our ability to stay ahead of the curve in a changing world. That’s why this year, for the first time, you’ll find not just traditional opportunities and training contracts, but various virtual opportunities to get to know the firm first, including virtual internships, insight events, webinars, workshops, law fairs and more.
Our recruitment and training philosophy is very simple: our continued success as a firm depends on the success of our people.
Each year, we take on up to 50 graduates (from law and non-law degree subjects) as trainee solicitors. Here’s how it works: on a two-year training contract, you’ll do four six-month seats across our different practice groups. Plus, for one of those seats, you’ll have the chance to apply for an international or client secondment. You’ll also have hands-on support and the expert guidance you need.
We are now recruiting for our 2023 intakes of trainee solicitors.
Training contract application deadlines:
31 January 2020 (final year non-law students and non-law graduates)
1 June – 31 July 2020 (law students)
Vacation schemes and insight days
For first-year students, our virtual insight events allow us to reach more widely than ever, with 100 places on offer in spring and summer. These events are packed with tailored workshops, presentations and interactive opportunities to help you find out more about life and work at Hogan Lovells. We’ll also give you top tips and advice on how to make your application for a vacation scheme or training contract stand out.
With the firm’s opportunities always highly regarded, it goes without saying that our vacation schemes– designed for penultimate and final-year students, as well as graduates – will be packed with insight and experience. What’s more, with around three quarters of trainee solicitors having taken part in a vacation scheme with us, it’s fair to say you’ll get a lot from it. You’ll delve into key practice groups, get to grips with legal research, meet the team – and imagine your future at Hogan Lovells.
Vacation scheme application deadlines:
31 October 2020 (winter)
3 January 2021 (summer)
Insight day application deadlines:
28 February 2021
Who we are looking for
As a global law firm, we tackle some of the most complex legal and commercial issues for our clients. So we look to recruit smart, collaborative and determined individuals from all kinds of backgrounds and with all kinds of experience. A strong academic record is important: you should have, or be on track for, a good 2:1 or above in your degree. You must also be the kind of person who adapts well to new situations, delivers on their promises and has the creativity to take ideas in new directions. Above all, you must be able to work well with others and build lasting relationships with colleagues and clients alike.
The starting salary for trainee solicitors is £46,000 per annum, rising to £51,000 in the second year. The current salary upon qualification is £90,000 (held at £85,000 for 2020).
• Administrative and Public Law
• Antitrust and Competition
• Aviation Law
• Banking Transactional
• Business Restructuring and Insolvency
• Business Structures
• Capital Markets
• Communications Law
• Complex Contracting
• Consumer Law
• Corporate Governance
• Domain Names
• Energy Regulatory
• Executive Compensation, Employee Benefits, and
• Financial Services
• Food Law
• Government Contracts
• Government Relations and Policy Advocacy
• Health Law
• Infrastructure, Energy, Resources, and Projects
Number of trainees: 100
Number of partners: 870
Number of employees: 5,000
· Digital interactive brochure - https://www.flipsnack.com/PennaStaffordLong/hogan-lovells-graduate-brochure-2020-21-zk5eckh6rh/full-view.html
· Graduate recruitment website – www.hoganlovells.com/graduates
· Welcome video - https://vimeo.com/437775780/cdd933ca77
· 360 virtual video – a tour of our London HQ including hints and tips from our people on the application and assessment process, client and international secondments, work and client insights and informative facts about Hogan Lovells -http://graduates.hoganlovells.com/360/2019/HoganLovells360.html#pano7830/119.7/0.0/90.0
· Graduate social media channels
o Facebook: @hoganlovellsgradsuk
o Instagram: @hoganlovellsgradsuk
o Twitter: @HLGraduatesUK
o LinkedIn: @HoganLovells
• Intellectual Property
• International Arbitration
• International Trade and Investment
• Investment Funds
• IP and Technology Transactions
• IT Law
• Joint Ventures
• Marketing and Advertising
• Medical Device Law
• Mergers and Acquisitions
• Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Regulatory Law
• Privacy and Cybersecurity
• Private Equity
• Public Procurement
• Real Estate
• Securities and Public Company Advisory
• Space and Satellite
• Trade Secrets and Confidential Know-how
• Trademarks and Brands
• Unmanned Aircraft Systems